It’s no coincidence that our app contains so many bourbon-citrus recipes; we only add drinks as we test them and we’re naturally drawn to this delicious combination.
So when we saw this tasty grapefruit number in Imbibe magazine, it shot to the top of our test list. We loved the result, and we have mixologist Karen Grill, from LA’s Sassafras Saloon, to thank for the indulgence.
- 1½ parts Bourbon or Rye whiskey
- ¾ part Lemon juice
- ¼ part Ginger syrup or Ginger liqueur
- ½ part White wine apéritif
- ½ part Grapefruit liqueur
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a twist or wedge of grapefruit.
Get the App
The Cocktail Party app puts this drink – and hundreds more – in your pocket, and tells you what you can make from the ingredients you have at home. It's the best $3.99 you'll ever spend on a drink.
- The Saint from Imbibe magazine
- Sassafras Saloon, the swanky cocktail lounge in Hollywood where the Saint was born.